Training & Seminars
Tailored training for your organisation
We can create tailored training on any employee relations topic you need – whether it be for your entire workforce, or particular audiences (HR team, executive team, frontline managers, etc).
The benefits of tailored training include being able to deal with the specific regulations and industrial instruments that apply to your workplace, scheduling the training onsite at convenient times for your workforce, and for large groups, significant cost efficiencies.
We also offer ‘train the trainer’ programs: we prepare the materials and train your managers or HR practitioners to deliver it, so they are able to roll it out as an internal program.
Here are some examples of our training programs:
- Employment Law for Managers / People Leaders
- Workplace Behaviour
- Managing Staff Issues: Misconduct, poor performance and absenteeism/injury/illness
- Negotiation Skills & Enterprise Bargaining
- Employment Law Basics
Do you have a difficult employee you need to manage? Would you like some one-on-one coaching and advice on how to manage them? Would it be helpful to role-play or script challenging scenarios that arise when managing staff? Or is there a particular skill you would like to hone, such as having courageous conversations about poor performance? Contact us to discuss our offering in this area.
Employee relations training – open to the public
- Our training programs are delivered by accomplished and engaging employment law experts.
- Practical and interactive, our programs use case studies and activities to enable participants to apply their learnings to real life scenarios.
- Our small groups (max. 15) maximise and embed learning.
Read about and sign up for our upcoming programs below.
This program takes a deep dive into the three key line manager/HR headaches – misconduct, poor performance and chronically ill/injured/absent employees. We examine the process for managing employees and then (if need be), managing their exit from the organisation. We also consider the legal risks that arise when terminating employees in these circumstances and tips for mitigating the risks.
Date & Time: Friday 16 October 2020, 9.30am – 4.30pm AEST
Venue: Online due to COVID-19 restrictions: via Zoom
- "Jess is an impressive and experienced trainer. Her training programs are practical and very engaging. Jess has a real knack for presenting complex employment law concepts in a way that is clear and easy to understand. Highly recommended"
- - Senior Lawyer, Melbourne